Spring is here and one of the beautiful things I love about this season are the beautiful flowers that spring up this time of the year (pun intended) 🙂 and instead of having flowers just outside, I LOVE to bring them inside and put them in every room of the house in a beautiful vase.
One thing I look forward to every morning before I get out of bed is waking up and being greeted by a beautiful bouquet of flowers in a vase so lovely that the sight alone will put anyone in a good mood and cause them to enjoy their day. It used to be that having a beautiful vase could be costly but not anymore, especially with this idea that I am going to give you. Having a beautiful decorated vase in almost every room doesn’t have to put a dent in your wallet. This post is going to show you how you can add tranquility, charm and fun to your rooms by just adding a vase. And, the secret to it all, we’re using scrapbook paper! I am so excited and I when I came across this idea I just couldn’t wait to share it with you. So….are you ready? Cause here we go, as I show you how to add color, dimension and style to your home by simply using a vase. 😉
Scrapbook paper vase:
12×12 scrapbook paper of your choice (decorative designs recommended)
A vase or clear bottle of your choice
Scissors or paper cutter
Adhesive for glass (Mod Podge Outdoor glue & sealant )
Ribbon (optional) for bow
- Measure the center of the bottle or vase going around. Also known as the circumference.
- Cut a piece of scrapbook paper equaling the measurement of the circumference for the center of the vase / bottle (as pictured above)
- Place glue one side of the scrapbook paper and firmly press it onto the glass going around the center of the bottle
- Do one more firm press making sure the scrapbook paper is secure and adhering to the vase / bottle
- Let the vase sit for about 30 min and glue a ribbon onto the vase / bottle to tie in a bow if you prefer or let your family and guests see your new creation and admire your hard work. ;-).
Now go and get some flowers so you can enjoy your new décor for your home, that will be sure to brighten anyone’s day.
(idea courtesy of georgicapond.com.au)
From Me To You With Love,